Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 7

Obviously it's been awhile since I posted Day 6, so this technically isn't day 7, but oh well, here is my answer anyway!

A picture of something/someone who has the biggest impact on you:

My original thought for this post was my parents; I mean who raises you to be who you are? Who’s traits, qualities and characteristics do you pick up, learn and take on as your own? They impacted who I am, my beliefs, morals, hobbies, lifestyle, etc. But then I thought, they raised me, I became a responsible adult, their job's are pretty much done (ok, so their job is never done, who am I kidding?)… So who else has had an impact on me? The answer is my incredible husband.

When JJ came into my life, I was forever changed. I dated a lot of guys, everyone knows that, some good, some not so good, but after all the dates, boyfriends, break-ups, I finally found the perfect guy for me. When JJ and I started our romance he stood out from all the rest almost immediately… Unlike all the other guys I had dated, JJ chased me … this just boggled my mind. It was usually the other way around - sad, but true. This made me stop and think that just maybe I was something worth having. That’s a big step for a girl with little to no self esteem! He courted me, pursued me, when I was a total girl and asked if we were ‘together’ or not, he told me he’d been calling me his girlfriend for two days already so I better get with it :) he was the first to say ‘I love you,’ and threw me for a total loop when he got down on one knee and popped the question.

When my JJ writes speechs or talks, he always starts by defining a word in his subject. So here I will list the synonyms for "impact": collide, shock, and bang. I think everyone of those can describe JJ’s entrance into my life. We collided into each others lives, he shocked me with his unconditional love, and then came the Big Bang (pun to our favorite TV show intended!), he took me to the temple, where we were married and became eternal companions. His presence in my life impacts me every day; he inspires me, supports me and accepts/loves me for who I am. He makes me want to be a better wife, a better person, a better daughter of God. He compliments me when I think I look my worst, he eats anything I make (or ruin for that matter), he holds me when I’m scared or when I’m upset… all these things making me feel like I’m ok with who I am. Makes me feel like, if he loves me… then maybe I can love me. No one has ever made me feel that way… I LOVE YOU JJ! Thank you for being in my life, being my husband, and having such a positive impact in my life!

2 comments: