Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 6

Day 6: Your favorite Super Hero and why...

BATMAN!!!!!

My very favorite Super Hero has always been Batman. When I was little, he was the only one that stuck out to me. Sure, Superman can fly, Flash can run fast, Spiderman can fling crap at people and climb walls, and the Hulk can turn green and smash stuff. But, Batman? He has his own cave for crying out loud! And....

He drives the coolest car,


has the most regale of all butlers,


he keeps all his wicked-awesome toys in a stylish utility belt,

and the biggest reason of all the game, is he isn’t restricted by a ‘super power.' He's just a normal, well-rounded individual with the ability to kick some serious butt. He's all around freaking awesome! He fights crime and crushes evil villains with human strength, wit, and mind. Plain and simple – Batman ROCKS!!




On a more serious note… my personal Super Hero is my mommy.

She is the most pure, sweet, and honest person I know. She’s thoughtful, caring, selfless, smart, funny, compassionate, sincere, kindhearted, considerate… insert any positive adjective you like, that’s my mom. She loves unconditional, genuinely cares about others and would do anything for any family member. She wants nothing but happiness for her kids and worries about us constantly. She's taught me so much, but I'm still constantly learning from her. I'd be one lucky girl if I grow up to half the woman she is... By the time my mom was my age she had gotten married, had 4 children and was going through one of the hardest times in a person's life - divorce. She did what she had to do, got a full time job and raised her kids to the best of her ability. And I, for one, think she did a pretty dang good job!

In case she reads this, I have to say just a couple of things that don't get said enough...
Mommy, I'm so impressed by your strength, your endurance, your faith, and your testimony. You have qualities I so wish I had; your unconditional love for our family, your ability to be politically correct in all situations, your ability forgive people... I wish I could move on and up from the hard situations life deals out like you. You are a wonderful, inspiring, amazing woman and mother. I'm so grateful that I got you as a Mommy. I love being your kid!
I love you sooooo much Mommy and I hope you know that.

Some fun times with Mommy...

Doing some shopping at the mall & stopped for some Pretzel Time!


Me & Mommy at the Zoo!


How freaking cool is my Mommy?? Shooting targets and fake animals at Cabela's!


Eatin' the tastiest burger & spicy fries in all the land at Rumrz!

Thank you for all the fun times Mommy!

4 comments:

  1. Your mom is definitely an AMAZING woman, I learned that very quickly growing up with you half-siblings. Your mother never once judged me or hated me, when the world would have easily done so in her shoes. She definitely puts priority of love and family above all else. I still remember just crying at the simple, yet so touching, gift she gave Joe and Courtney for their wedding shower: food to completely fill their pantry. She definitely understands the importance of all things in life and she deserves a great award. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, me too!!! I love our Mom like no one else. She holds the most special place in my heart. Great post Candace. Such a great tribute to our Mother.
    (Oh and great pics! I'm gonna need copies of those, but you already knew I would say that)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait wait wait....did Mrs. Dimond just call you guys hobbits?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scottie and I just rewatched part of our Batman movie! And I love all the sweet things you said about your Mom! Aren't Mom's the best!

    ReplyDelete