Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 5

Day 5: A picture of somewhere you have been...
I guess, in a way, I'm pretty spoiled... I've been to California quite a few times in my life, and I know there are a lot of people that have never been. For example, I went on a cruise when I was 17 with a friend that had never seen the ocean, I just couldn't wrap my head around that! I've been to my family's condo in Carlsbad probably half a dozen times, if not more. I've been on the cruise as I just mentioned. Been to Disneyland at least 3 times. But all of those trips were to the lower part of Cali. This post is about a trip that was out of the ordinary and therefore extraordinary in my memories.
For our honeymoon, JJ and I flew to San Francisco, California. I have to add in here that this was my first trip in an airplane! (Ok, yes, I had been on a 4-seater before, but this was 'the real thing!' - I had a ticket, checked luggage and had to go through security! :) ya with me?) Anyway, I'm not made for flying objects. I like my feet on solid ground. I was oh so very excited when we finally reached our destination!
On the beach in San Fran!


One of our days was spent traveling across the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito. Such absolute beauty everywhere you looked. We walked around little shops, ate ice cream, and just enjoyed being with each other.
San Francisco offered so many fun things to do! We played at...
Ghirardelli Square... and spent over $40 on chocolate...
Pier 39! We spent a good hour just hanging out with the Sea Lions; listening to them talk at each other. Seriously one of the coolest things I've ever seen!
We went to the Jelly Belly Factory and watched how they make one of JJ's favorite treats!
We drove down the infamous Lombard Street that's been in countless movies... and Full House!
We loved watching the Trolley cars go up and down the streets. I think it's so awesome that they still have some olden time ones in use.
I loved seeing the Golden Gate Bridge. Have you ever seen something on t.v. or in the movies and a part of you thinks, that's not really there?? I think that all the time about things, silly probably, but totally how my mind works. I've seen tons of movies and t.v. shows that have this bridge in them and I finally got to see it for myself! :)
We also spent a large part of one day in Monterrey Bay, visiting the Aquarium. I love seeing all the cool animals from our little planet. I love going to the zoo every year, but JJ hates going, so I loved that he took me to the Aquarium!
Of all the trips and vacations I've taken in my lifetime, I think this is one of the very bestest. I got to spend 4 days with my cutest husband in one of the coolest cities in the United States.
So there you have it! I've been to San Francisco, California!

3 comments:

  1. what a coincidence! I've been there too! and i did the exact same things.....how interesting......what are the odds????

    ReplyDelete
  2. My co-worker/friend just went to San Fran, now I don't know where this "guy" is, but he hides behind a fake bush and jumps out and scares people-did you see him where you went? A friend she talked to said that guy has been doing the same thing for years! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun honeymoon!!! And I still love that you take lots of pics. Tell everyone who gives you a hard time to shut up!

    ReplyDelete