Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Retirement Dude!

April 29th, 2010 was such a crappy day! Ok, ok... it definitely had it's smiles and fun times, but it was a really hard day for me. My bestest buddy at work retired after 25 years. Here are a few pictures from the shindig....
Candace aka Dude/Brat, Jack aka Jackson/Jacko, and Roberta aka Berta/Bobbie
We were pretty much the 3 musketeers... or... maybe more like the 3 stooges!

Co-workers: Rachel, Berta & Anel

Mary, Cathy & Melissa

Berta & Anel again (they just love the camera), Joyce & Sharon

Mrs. Retiree, the punk that retired :) Jolie & me - in other words, Jack & his girls!

I planned, plotted, schemed, stressed, decorated, shopped, coordinated, and baked my heart out to make this party something he would remember for always. He deserved all the spoiling and attention, he was my best bud at work, and I really don't know how I'll get through the 10 hour days without him!

Jack had one request for his party... he wanted Salma Hayek to jump out of a cake for him, well she was a bit busy that day, so she sent her stunt double! :)
Happy Retirement Jack, I'll miss you Dude!

(A HUGE Thank You goes out to my sistay Amy... thank you for all you help, therapeutic advice and talks, and as always, thank you for helping me learn to bake this awesome cake!!)

5 comments:

  1. WOOT!!! Take it off Selma!!! Yeah, thats what I'm talking about!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your are so sweet to help do all of that for him. Congrats to your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake is so cute, what a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so welcome. I'm so glad I could be there for you, to help you through, and to be a listening ear. Anytime sistay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake rocks!!! hahaha I love the idea and go Amy and Candace for making it happen! =)

    ReplyDelete