Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mr & Mrs!!

JJ and I have been stuck like glue to our awesome friends - Tyson & Melissa. We've been helping them with wedding plans for months and months and finally they got married!!! Sit back and enjoy the gorgeousness that is this wedding!

Introducing Mr & Mrs Tyson Glad!

Happy!! I just had to grab a shot of me & Mellers before she got sucked into the hours of photos that they'd be subjected to.

Married for Time and All Eternity in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.

Just fiddling with the black & white feature on my camera - they still look good without color...

The Beautiful Bride!

The reception, decorated by yours truly (it only took 11 hours).

The Bridesmaids. (If you'll look closely I'm the only one with pink ribbon, therefore making me the most important, Maid of Honor - that's right ladies, I'm gloating - I Rock Well.)

The Bride & Her Maid of Honor :)

Me & My handsome hubby!!!

JJ and Andrew - the best men... ok... best boys? ;) Just teasin!

Tyson's Aunt is a professional fruit carver, this was her display. Can we say "Holy Crap?!"

Tyson's little brother, Tanner, is in the Madrigals at Copper Hills High School. He brought them in to sing a special song to Melissa, the girls sang one to Tyson, then as a gift from Tanner, they all sang a song together to the Bride & Groom. It was pretty neat! Tanner is awesome in my book!!

Tyson's pulling his sexy face, trying to get the cake in the mood for some cutting!

Go Get 'Em Tiger! (Song playing at this point is "Let's Get It On" - most excellent choice!!

Tyson & Melissa's ride - decorated by: JJ, Andrew, Elaine, Lars & Kelsey. Great Job Delinquents!


Enjoy your Honey's Moon!!!

I'm so happy for these two kids and hope they have a great marriage. The wedding set up was a ton of work, more than I thought there would be, but I'm grateful I could step in and help out. Yet again, I must thank my mommy, Aunts, & sisters for raising me to be such an awesome person and great friend. I hung out all day thursday with Tyson's mom & aunt setting up the church for the reception... Hanging lights from a church ceiling - irritating... stringing icicle lights from 5 tables - painful... 11 hours with 2 Brazilian women - my saving grace! I was blessed with 2 ladies that were super sweet and extremely grateful for my help - and that definitely helped get me through the day!

Friday was the wedding, it was beautiful weather and a gorgeous temple. The ceremony was perfect, they were all smiles and couldn't let go of one another. The reception, again, was a ton of work - taking pictures, welcoming guests, setting out food (and restocking throughout the night), being a DJ, setting up the car decor, taking care of the bride & groom, helping family members with various tasks, getting the bride & groom out the door, packing up presents, cleaning up plates, taking down lights & lanterns, removing table cloths & lights from tables, cleaning up food, taking down chairs and tables.... oy... I'm getting tired all over again!

In the end, it turned out to be a perfect day for Tyson & Melissa, I'm so grateful for their friendship and that I had the ability to help out so much. I love them both!! (But I'm glad it's over too! :) tee-HEE!)

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm excited for Tyson. It looked like a beautiful wedding. You looked so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and HOLY COW CANDACE!!!! You officially need to become a professional party planner. That looked INCREDIBLE!!! I can't believe you woman, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard the groom comment that Candace looked even better than the bride........... its true..... she did.......

    ReplyDelete