Saturday, March 6, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!

My birthday continued... but it didn't get that much better. I got to go shopping with my sister, but I couldn't find any of the items I had been hoping for, didn't find anything I had to have, etc and that just sucks. I hate not having that feeling of excitement, that rush of finding something that is just perfect. The positive side: I got to be with my sister and we got to go in shops without fear of children's hands gravitating towards the "look, but don't touch" items.

After shopping I hung out on the couch while JJ finished up homework. Neat.
Then we went out to dinner with my family: Dad & Barb, Amy & Jayson, Joe & Court, Mom & Art and all the little kids...
I didn't get to sit quite where I wanted and ended up being in that spot where you don't get to be a part of any big conversation... Happy Birthday to me.
Here are some of the highlights:

Me and my sweetheart - he kept me together on this day... every time I broke down into tears he was right there to make it all okay again. I love my honey!

Mom and the ever evasive Arthur.

My smiley sisters.

Rock On!!

My Daddy and his lady Barb.

Court and the cutest baby in all the land!

Me and my Daddy - I LOVE YOU DADDY!

A smooch from my baby sister!

The Iggy's staff singing a birthday wish to me!

After Iggy's we went back to my sister's house for dessert - she made AAAAaaammazing caramel brownies....aahhh.... sorry, started to drool... so very tasty!!


Flowers from the mom-in-law, so pretty! I haven't really ever had anything but white roses so I didn't think I'd like these very much; but they are sooo fun! I love the bright colors and they just light up my kitchen! Thank you Momma R - they make me smile!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sad your bday wasn't the best ever!! I know how important that day is to you. Here's to next year and hoping it is a ba-gillion times better!!!
    p.s. LOVE the "neat"
    p.p.s. I'm glad you liked the brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy late Birthday! Some birthdays just aren't the best, next year will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your birthday dinner was so fun, but I could tell you would've liked to sit closer to me...and Amy...haha. I would have liked that too, but alas, I couldn't bring my 'kids' with me and had to take care of them. Hope you are feeling better now, but I do know how you felt about your 'birthday' from jidge. I love the element of surprise too from even a silly little gift. Go buy yourself a caramel apple from Rocky Mountain Chocolate factory! Those ALWAYS cheer me up!!!

    ReplyDelete