Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Happy Turkey Day everyone! As usual I had to opportunity to enjoy 2 Thanksgivings, so it's a big post... sorry for that but it's just the way I am!

This is my uncle's apron - He's a manly guy - can you tell??? Thank you to the Orr family for hosting & squishing 43 people into your home. We are truly thankful for all your hard work!!!


Me & My sisters - and baby of course, she's never far away!


Me & Baby! I snatched her up as soon as I got through the door! I just can't get enough of her!


Beautifully decorated tables, don't you think? My mom and her siblings each took a table to decorate, I thought it was a fabulous idea and it turned out great! I sat at the table in the front of the picture with the white napkins... we had the best table because of our centerpiece:


Isn't is beautiful?! Our table was also the most popular among the kids. We were interrupted every few minutes by little hands reaching for the candy - usually the little cousins are off playing and I don't get to see them, so it was a treat for me to get to see each of them.


My handsome husband and a beautiful damsel - priceless picture!


After dinner we gathered downstairs to watch 2 videos. The first was my cousin Brian's football video, it was freaking awesome. He was on the Skyline Varsity football team... No, he WAS the Skyline football team! :) I never got to see him play in person, but he's been in the newspaper, sports highlights on tv and getting to see his video was great. He had an accident a couple of months ago and it ended his days of football, but he did get the 'Ok' to play basketball. I'll have to make it to one of those games so I can see the awesomeness that is Brian!
The next video was of my brother-in-law Dave, cousins Jon and Sean and the Wasatch Cruiser Club. It was highlights from their 3 day ride on the Rubicon - mud, water, ledges, rocks - it was mind blowing. It was great to finally see what Dave can do in his Cruiser and finally appreciate the art that is climbing over rocks in a Toyota - thank you for opening my eyes!

After the videos were watched & the pie consumed, we gathered upstairs to play some games. We played a name game (too difficult to explain), celebrity & psychiatrist. This is Jon, Sean and Jake trying to be sneaky about their next move...


Andrew being upset that he knew the right answer but changed his mind at the last second... silly boy - go with your gut!!

The Saturday after my siblings and I gathered at my daddy's house to celebrate Thanksgiving with him. The Turkey is a Go!

Doesn't that just make your mouth water???
Happy girls!!! I had to share this picture - made me smile!
Dessert time!
My sister Amy has inspired me to try new things and attempt to bring out the cook in me. So I found this picture on the internet and decided to give it a shot.... The circle things are ELFudge cookies flipped over, they are the ones that have chocolate on bottom and have the stripes on top (hopefully that made sense....)
Melt a bag of chocolate chips, roll some big marshmallows around in it until it's completely covered, then place it on the cookie!
Then you add some frosting.....


And Wah-La! Pilgrim Hat Cookies!!


The kids (yes that includes my husband) didn't want to wait for the chocolate to set so they each had one and got seriously messy! Sorry mom's!
All in all, it was a fabulous weekend - lots to be thankful for. I'm thankful for my family, my friends, my job, my home and to be blessed with the gospel & a temple marriage to my sweet hubby. And of course to all my readers - all 5 of you! ;) Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Happy ThanksGiving!!! Looks like both Thanksgivings were amazing! See you soon for Christmas...You look great by the way!

    ReplyDelete