Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Eve, Christmas, & Boxing Day!

Merry Christmas everyone!! I trust everyone had a fabulous time and got everything they wanted from Santa! Here are the events over the weekend - so many parties!!


We started out the holiday celebration at my sister's house for Christmas Eve.... We ate lots of yummy food, sat around talking and laughing and just enjoying each other's company.




That was followed by a friendly game of Wii - my dad is sword fighting JJ in this picture. It was the first time my dad had played and I think he did a really great job!


Eventually JJ and I were the only ones left, we stayed long enough to see the kids put out their Christmas cookies and notes for Santa - so stinking cute!!




This says: "Reindeer Food --> How's Rudolph? How are the other reindeer? Merry Christmas!" It truly is one of the funnest things to experience Christmas with/through a child's eyes. All the excitement, believing and sweet things - thank you Emily for letting us spend that time with you and your family!



Christmas Morning!!! Santa came to our house!!!!

Stockings are my very favorite part so I'm glad Santa was able to find our new home and fill them with goodies and fun things!




I gave JJ a "Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock" t-shirt from thinkgeek.com - he Loved it!!


When I was a little girl Hungry Hungry Hippos was my very favorite game, I got so excited when I found out the stores were selling it again. I got even more excited when I unwrapped my very own game!




These are Bucky Balls - also from thinkgeek.com. JJ's been asking for these for months and months so I finally broke down and got them. I have a video of him opening this present but I'm pretty sure he'd get mad if I posted it, so a picture will have to do! He has played with these little magnetic balls everyday.... pretty much nonstop... I think I rocked Christmas this year!


Yes those are tears. JJ surprised me with a sparkly addition to my wedding ring. I figured I'd get this after he graduated, but boy oh boy was I Wrong!!! Tears immediately came to my eyes when I figured out what the small box was. I love you honey!!! XOXOX

After breakfast we went up to visit JJ's mom.

We didn't get to spend much time with her so we went to see Sherlock Holmes with her the day after Christmas. It is THE BEST movie!!! I absolutely loved it and could have turned around and saw it again! Highly recommended!


After Carol Anne's we moved the party up to my Grandma & Grandpa's house...

Merry Christmas!!! Thank you for hosting such a huge party - with the exception of one missionary the ENTIRE family was there... I can't believe we fit!


Amy & Family.


Emily & Family.

Joe & Family.


Me and my sweetie!

Boxing Day!

Christmas at my mom's. Because there is so much going on the day before and the day of my mom celebrates the day after. JJ, Joe and Jayson suckered Amy into playing Monopoly - that game takes forever!!


Presents! I gave this niece of mine 3 books for Christmas, she opened them & immediately started reading. I think I looked back over at her maybe 20 minutes later and she was on page 47... she's just amazing!


Merry Christmas to me! I have a bunch of movie decor and I finally got the last piece!


Spoiled!!! A Belgian Waffle maker and a griddle - breakfast is going to rock well at our house!


The weeks leading up to Christmas were spent making another quilt - this one for my mom and Art. My siblings and I schemed, planned, were in cahoots, lied, etc to keep the secret from them. It was so fun! :) They were so excited and my mom just couldn't believe it. She knew how much work went into mine, so she was truly impressed and thankful. We love you Mommy!!

2 comments:

  1. LUCKY!!! Not everyone gets a DIAMOND RING for Christmas:) Yeah for you!!! It looks like you guys had an AWESOME Christmas. I hope your New Years is great too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo! A diamond ring! It looks beautiful. I have to tell you, my favorite thing about this whole post is that "Family" sign in the background of the second picture with JJ and your dad playing the Wii. Does that really say, "The best memories are created in a land cruiser"?! That is hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete