Monday, July 13, 2009

The Ute Stampede Rodeo!

Welcome to the Rodeo! Every year my dad's side of the family camp out for the weekend and then spend Saturday night at the Ute Stampede! Usually there is a guy that parachutes out of a plane and has an American Flag hanging from this straps, he glides himself into the arena while we're listening to the National Anthem, it's my favorite! However, this year there was an issue with the flag (torn) so they brought out this HUGE boot. There are 3 soldiers holding flags and the inside rotated as a little kid sang to us. Still brought a tear to my eye, job well done!

I love being an American!!


Me and my hubby! JJ is so awesome to put up with me during the rodeo. I always sit by my little sister so that every time there's music we can sing along and dance. And all the screaming and clapping while the cowboys do their thing... such a patient guy!


Ok, so it's kind of a crappy picture but the stadium lights on the other side of the arena were blazing into my camera so it wouldn't take a good shot after dark. This is of the clown hiding in his barel and of a serious cowboy riding a bull. I think only 2 cowboys were able to stay on for longer than a few seconds, sad night for the boys in tight pants.



We had good food and games!



My grandparents fill up paper bags with toys, treats, and "guess whats." Big glasses and styrofoam planes were amoung the best!


This is my daddy getting the heat started for our big Sunday morning breakfast :) "Dumb white man build fire, burn butt then burn face... Indian man build two fires, burn butt and face same time." lol that's one of my favorite sayings from my dad!


Caden, Candace and Jared. Jared is my "step brother" for all intents and purposes and I was sooooo excited that he showed up for this weekend. I haven't seen him in forever! He's a policeman in Elko, recently accepted into the SWAT program they have there and he's also going to be in training for the K9 unit soon, all of this after he served his country for 4 years. Yeesh! Awesome boys right here!

2 comments:

  1. yay! I love your pictures. p.s. everyone-I am the dancing little sister....oh and I guess technically the only little sister you have.... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a TON of fun!! I love the big boot, that's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete