Monday, July 20, 2009

Three Blogs In One!

First Event: Happy Birthday Daddy! My siblings and I spent the afternoon celebrating my dad's birthday. We went to see "Ice Age 3" - it was heeeelarious! I will definitely be purchasing that one when it hits DVD!

My daddy and his barb.


Me and my hubby!


After the movie we walked across the street and ate lunch at Red Robin. It was pure tastiness but they have GOT to do something about their air conditioning. My dad ordered some appetizers and they were stone cold before they were half gone... that's a bit ridiculous. I was wishing for a sweater before we got our drinks! That's just stupid - it's July! But it sure felt like December in there... fix it Red Robin!

Second Event: The next day we had dinner with my extended family on my dad's side. My cousin Scottie and his awesome wife Angie moved to Ohio so he could go to Medical School. Man oh man, do I miss these kids! Hurry up and be a doctor so you can come home!! Love you!

Quick story about both... Once upon a time a silly girl named Candace wore brand-spankin'-new shoes to Disneyland. After rides upon rides, walking the entire park, sweating in the sun, eating unhealthy food and all that magical stuff my feel were sore, covered in blisters and bleeding. And while others were telling me to suck it up, walk faster to keep up and to stop complaining, Scottie did everything he could to keep me smiling and laughing. We went on Indiana Jones for probably the 5th time that day and Scottie screamed like a school girl the Entire Time! I don't think I've ever laughed so hard!! I had tears streaming down my face and sore abs to go along with my bleeding feet when we were done. Thanks Cousin! (When we got home and my shoes finally came off the family realized how bad off I was and took great care of me the rest of the time).
As for Angie? My family was camping in Nephi and late one night these two showed up after most had gone to bed, it was Angie's first appearance to the fam so I took advantage and talked her up for awhile. The next morning I was walking with my dad and a few others down to my Grandparent's campsite and here comes Angie walking towards the bathroom. I yelled something like, "Hey! Don't fall in!" or "If you're not out in 5 minutes, we'll just wait longer" She laughed and my dad gave me that parental look - why are you talking to a stranger like that?! I smiled at him and said, "That's Angie, we go way back. We're tight." And we've been buds ever since.


Next Awesome cousin in the line up is Kelsey (with my little sis). She got back last night from a 9 week stay in Ghana, Africa. She's getting her degree in Deaf Studies and took this amazing opportunity to go there to help teachers and children learn Sign Language. Her emails were amazing, heart wrenching, hilarious and humbling. She and a few other girls had to get their water from a well, carry it back to the house, then stand in a bucket and use a cup to shower. Heat, bugs, no running water, trying work, but oh so worth it! She has very blonde hair so it threw us all for a loop to see these locks when she came over. I'm so proud of her and grateful that she made it home safe and sound!


Third Event: Unemployed.

This is my handsome hubby sporting a smile even though he lost his job last week. He was working for a company that had a policy that said: you don't sell - you don't have a job. So, unfortunately he's now looking for a part time job to have while he goes to school full time. It's hard times right now and we're praying and hoping something great will come along. I don't know what we would be doing about finances if we weren't blessed with the awesomeness of my mommy who lets us live in her basement rent free. If you hear of a part-time job you think JJ might be good at, please let us know. We'd appreciate any help, even if it's just prayers on our behalf, we know He's listening!!
Thanks! We love you all!

6 comments:

  1. They're almost always hiring customer service folks at Winder Farms. 4100 W 4400 S (or was that 4400 W 4100 S?). Pay is decent for a college job-- 9 or 10 an hour. If you get an interview with Julie or William I can put a good word in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good to see you guys tonight for a minute! I'm sorry about J.J.'s job, I had no idea. I will let you guys know if I hear of anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the world of unemployed Husbands:) I'm sorry to hear he lost his job. It's a scary road but I know you can get through it! I know that the post office is hiring all shifts for part and full time positions. Good luck in the search!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure JCPenney's is hiring...Ha! Tell him to shoot for the S.W.A.R.M team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Candice email me at theweightstopshere@hotmail.com and I'll be more then happy to tell you what's needed to join our support group!

    ReplyDelete
  6. (I soooo love the pic of dad with his grandkids!) It will shine*

    ReplyDelete