Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Happy Independence Day! JJ and I went to BBQ at his mom's house - I've never really had a tradition for July 4th and that really makes me sad because I love the holiday so very much. So I'm hoping we can make this happen every year!
Me and my pyro husband!

This is the newest addition to the Rockwell clan. He is the sweetest baby boy, he's always staring with those big eyes and just a totally chill kid. You know he's upset when he makes a little grunt noise and starts flapping his arms... that's it... no screaming. (That I've heard anyway, I'm sure his mom would say different) I told JJ that if I could have a kid like this, I'll have more than one! lol

The other sweetest baby! I was holding her when JJ walked up and she immediately leaned towards him with outstretched arms - guess we know who her favorite is!


Sparklers!!!


JJ was so very excited to be the lighter of all fireworks. His sister wanted to get her kids home and in bed so we started pretty early. I was bummed that you couldn't really see all the fun colors but I was happy to get whatever I could!


The finale! Not exactly stadium of fire but it's all my budget could afford.



The crowd! We pulled the backseat out of the van for extra seating :)


I just LOVE these kids!!! They are always so excited to see me and want to share stories of all their latest adventures. We recently went out to dinner with this family and Sarah just had to sit next to me so we could color on her menu. I felt so special and absolutely adore that time I got to spend with her! I'm so very blessed that they love me!

2 comments:

  1. cute hair! fun stuff! =) oh ya, just have a baby already...haha I'm kidding! I know you've got a plan, stan. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! J.J. really is a pyro, isn't he? He always has been. I love the pics of the both of you holding the babies, so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete