Thursday, July 9, 2009

Debt Free Is The Way To Be!!

Honesty is always the best policy, or so they say, so let's just begin this by saying I've been a bit depressed lately. It's due to a bunch of different things that have combined to just bring me down. I'm fighting it, trust me, some days are just so hard to get through, you know? So having said that I wanted to post about something that I'm truly happy about, the little light I can see through all the dark crap surrounding me. JJ and I are officially Out Of Debt!!!! Can you believe it?! We actually did it!! We moved into my mom's the end of August of 2008 with a goal that we'd be out of debt in a year... a year and a few months by Mormon Standard Time. But we blew our goal out of the water by finishing 2 months early! Which means that we can start putting some dollars into savings and prepare ourselves for the big change ahead. For those that don't know, JJ has decided to change to a part time employee so he can go to school full time. So it'll take some getting used to when his pay check takes a hit. But we've felt that this is what we're supposed to do, so we're forging ahead. We are so very, very grateful to my mommy and Art for welcoming us into their home and seeing us through all our challenges, trials, ups and downs. We wouldn't have been able to accomplish that without them. Thank You!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on being debt free! That is really, super-duper cool. And congrats to JJ for going back to school. In my biased eyes, that is a great investment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!! Congrats to you two, that is awesome! I'm glad you feel good about what you've decided to do. Sounds like a good plan to me! Love you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! That truly an accomplishment! Sorry to hear your feeling down. Call me and we'll go out.

    ReplyDelete