Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Zoo!!

Last Friday my sister told me she wanted to do something fun with her kids, I suggested the zoo but on one condition - she had to let me tag along!! And being an awesome sister she said of course! So my mom and I tagged along and got to see all the cute animals!

Baby Elephant!!! This is the newest addition to the Elephant Encounter - Zuri! We sat there watching her play for probably a good 30-40 minutes. It was so much fun to watch her attempt to pick things up with her trunk, figure out how to position her feet just right, move the red balls around - just so stinkin' cute!

Baby Zuri!

This is the new baby Giraffe - I couldn't remember/find the name of this baby, but it's still cute!

As the mommy giraffe headed toward this fence I raced over to get an up close and personal shot - look how close this guy got!

There were 3 Amur Tigers born at Hogle zoo as well - this is only one... pictures don't work out so well when there's a fence in the way...


This Orangutan was so fun to watch - climbing in and out of his hammock, playing with the "toys" available, etc. In this picture he's eating an orange - ironic?


We have our cheeks puffed out to try for that monkey look... didn't work all that well apparently!

HUGS!! Aunt Candace gave the kidlets a baggie filled with coins so they could buy something fun at the gift shop - I got hugs in return! It was totally worth it :)


Had to make a stop at the Carousel!


And ride the train! What the "white roller coaster" is to Lagoon, this train is to Hogle - I wasn't sure it was going to make it around the entire track!
All in all it was a fantastic day. I love going to the zoo at least once a year and really didn't think I'd get to go this year. So I send a thank you to Amy for choosing this activity for your kids. I loved seeing all the baby animals and spending time with family - can't get much better!

1 comment:

  1. I love the zoo!!! I just went with my family last week! They loved seeing the Columbus Zoo. I am happy you went and had a good time.

    ReplyDelete