Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Time Has Finally Arrived!!

We made it!! JJ and I moved into my mom's basement last year to accomplish some goals: pay off our credit cards - thus getting out of debt, save for a down payment, and finally purchase a home. Once the cards were done, finished, gone, defunct, etc. we were preparing for the challenge of house hunting when an idea was presented by my oldest sister: Why don't you not buy a house and put JJ through school instead? So that it only takes 4 years instead of 10-15??

Hadn't thought of that... so after some serious thought (and time at the temple) JJ and I agreed that it really was the best thing for us to do. A few weeks after that was when JJ lost his job (if you've read my previous posts you'll be in the know with that info), we were so very relieved that we hadn't purchased a home - we would have been in serious risk of not being able to make the payments. Phew! Thankfully, JJ found a part time job and has started his full-time student lifestyle. Having adjusted to the new income and schedule we thought it was time to get an apartment. We checked out a few places but were really impressed with Cascade Springs in West Jordan. After getting out of the car at one complex and feeling the need to not let go of JJ for any amount of time, get back in the car and drive away, I wasn't too sure we would like any of the apartments we had on our list. But I was saved! We got to Cascade Springs and I immediately felt like I was where I needed to be, it felt like home.

We checked out the apartments they had available and put a deposit down asap. So, with great excitement I tell you all - We're Moving!!!! Wahoooooo!!!!! We're moving this Saturday - please pray for good weather for us! Let me know if you'd like to help! :)

Here's our layout - 2 bed, 1 bath. We're getting a screamin' deal & can't wait to get settled!

Home Sweet Home!

5 comments:

  1. YEAH!!! I wish we could help but we've got a game on Saturday. Good luck with the move and we'll also be prayin for good weather:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray! Congratulations on getting a place of your own again. I've never taken privacy so for granted until I had to move in with family/friends and had it taken away. Now I can't wait to even be renting again! Best wishes with getting settled in and I'm sure you'll love Cascade Springs. We sure did!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeeehaw! I'm happy for you guys, being on your own, regardless of how it happens, is the way it's meant to be! =) I didn't realize the layout is pretty much the same as it was at the last place too! and you seemed to have liked it, so good luck on it all. And buy me a donut one Saturday morning when you smell them cookin! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW someone upstairs was looking out for you! I am so happy for you and hope you enjoy your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the move went well, sorry we couldn't help! I hope you're enjoying your new place, I'm so happy for you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete