Wednesday, March 30, 2011

If you could....

I know I failed at the Blog Challenge... but there were some questions/topics that I just couldn't pass up, so here's one of the topics: If you could, who would you switch lives with for 1 day and why: I could obviously pick someone famous, someone who has a lot of power, fame and money… but as I thought about it, I didn’t like the feeling that, well, that’ll never be me, so why dream that big? Why get a taste of something that isn’t realistically within reach? So I went and hopped on a different train of thought and this is the stop I chose… If I could switch lives with one person for a day, I would choose my sister-in-law Courtney. Here’s why: 1. Goofy reason: I’ve never been a size 2 – how amazing would it be to be able to fit into absolutely anything I wanted? To eat an entire foot-long Subway sandwich and not have it cost me an hour on the treadmill the next day? (Yes, I have seen her accomplish this feat).


2. Obvious reason: She’s amazing! She’s one of the prettiest women I know, she’s funny, smart, sweet, easy going, outgoing, caring, crafty & creative, and has grownup taste buds.


3. Maybe not so well-known reason: She’s great at sticking to her budget and doing whatever she can to accomplish her goals. For example: eating peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, canned soup or fruit rollups for lunch. I can’t do this… I have to go out to lunch at least once a week, if not more. When Courtney and my brother wanted to get into a house of their own, she never strayed, she held onto every penny she had so that she could achieve what she really wanted. I wish I had that money savvy quality.



4. Biggest reason: Courtney is the most amazing mommy and I look up to her for the choices she’s made and continues to make concerning this part of her life. And really, she has THE cutest baby girl – who wouldn’t want to spend a whole day with that adorable munchkin? Now, we all know I’ve never been one of those girls who can’t wait to have kids or one who instantly bonds with kids… but I do love her little one. I love that Courtney has been able to be a stay-at-home mother, something I’ve always thought was imperative if I actually did have kids, so I praise her for being able to do this. I’m proud of both her and Joe for setting this as a priority in their parenting goals. Again, she helped bring that into reality when she saved her dollars and stayed out of debt so her income wasn't completely necessary.


So that’s it… If I could switch, it would be with my cutest sister-in-law Courtney, I’m pretty sure she’d be bored out of her mind while in my shoes… but at least we wear the same size!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! that sure is convenient that you wear the same shoe size!!!

    wait a minute.......i don't want to be be forced to hang out with courtney for a day........can't you pick someone better.........like katee sackhoff........that would be splendiferous!

    Though i suppose it is nice that you want to hang out with a baby all day long d:0) get some practice under your belt eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok i have been a bad blog commenter so here are some of my many thoughts!
    First you look amazing!!!!!! HOLY Cow, every time I see pictures of you, you are skinner and skinner.
    I love the red kitchen aid, is it yours???
    Also I loved the super bowl party.
    Scottie and I totally miss you and it feels like forever since we got to see you. Kelsey's wedding to be exact. I hope we get out to Utah again soon and can spend sometime togther. Love you lots:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I didn't see this post! I am completely honored and a little shocked that you would pick me to switch lives with! You are so incredibly sweet! I can't thank you enough for all the nice things you said. Love you!

    ReplyDelete