Monday, January 11, 2010

Spur-Of-The-Moment!

On Thursday my sister Amy and I decided to be good little granddaughters and drive to Sunny St George to take care of our sweet Grandma. She went through surgery on Tuesday and it took a lot more out of her than expected. So we packed our bags and raced to her side.

We helped put all her Christmas decorations away and restore order to her home. Did some grocery shopping, light cleaning and just stayed by her side to do any other task she just couldn't do on her own. We visited, watched movies and made her smile as often as possible. My grandpa was able to go on an ATV ride he had thought he would have to cancel as well, I think it's freaking awesome that my 75 year old Grandpa is out on the trails - throwin' up dust! We left on Sunday afternoon after many smiles and endless thank-you's. I'm soooo glad we were able to go down and take care of both of them, grateful we had the time and ability to do so. Thanks for asking for our help Grandma and Grandpa, we truly enjoyed our time with you, thank you for the nice relaxing weekend!! And boy oh boy did we enjoy the weather!! A sunshiny 57 degrees!! Woo Hoo! :)

3 comments:

  1. Girl you just keep getting skinnier and skinnier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the best Gma in all the land and there just aren't words to describe how wonderful it was to go down and see her. The visit also helped me to realize (again) that I have got to get my kids down there to visit more often. Thanks so much Candace for going with me and letting us take your much more fuel efficient car. I love those drives with you...the conversation and good tunes that have us rolling. Love you sistay!!!
    xoxo Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you were able to do that for Grandma!!! you are such an amazing person!!!

    ReplyDelete